The projects have been awarded to particular organizations and are required to finish within this year.
On the other hand, Iraq is set to send out improvement and service projects for Baghdad that’s probably worth up to 30 billion Iraqi dinars or 25.8 million dollars, said by the Iraqi government on the 24th of February.
These incorporate the development of:
- Water and sanitation networks,
- Pavement of roads
- Construction of two bridges in order to lessen traffic jams in Baghdad
“The projects, which were awarded under the supervision of Amanat Baghdad, represent the first batch of projects scheduled to kick off before the end of the first half of this year. Local private and government companies will carry out the work.”
The development projects in Baghdad has started its work. The joined worth of the projects is worth 220 billion Iraqi dinars or 189 million dollars, confirmed by the Iraqi government recently. The projects include:
- Building a five-star hotel
- Three modern hospitals
- Building a power plant
- Constructing new ring roads all over Baghdad and to its suburbs connected to the national road network
- Building a land communication network for approximate 40% of the neighbourhood in the city.
“The projects will significantly change the face of the capital. Foreign, regional and local companies will conduct the work, which is slated to be completed by the end of next year.”